CB Gallery. Allow to keep original image size.

7 years 6 months ago #287059 by ya_anya
Hi,

we have CB Gallery v.2.0.0+build.2016.09.07.01.51.01.cdab7492e installed in our site.

And found out that there is no possibility to save original images.. Or i'm wrong and missed it somewhere?

I can set large values in 'Maximum Image Height' and 'Maximum Image Width' fields but in this case the uploaded photos in front-end are displaying very slow and it looks like they are simultaneously resizing up to screen size.

That would be useful to have 3 sizes of images: thumbnail, fullscreen (middle-size to display in frontend) and original size (to have options to download original photos and store originals in archive).
Is it possible to include that feature in the next CB Gallery releases?

Regards,
Anna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #287091 by krileon
No, that would significantly increase the storage requirements. CB Gallery only displays the full image in the modal window. Using a maximum size of 2000x2000 should give perfectly acceptable results with ok performance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287098 by ya_anya
Kyle thanks for your reply!
I meant "Save originals" could be backend option for administrator and checked off by default, so administrator realizes what storage space is required when in active state.

But having this feature users might be sure that they can get original photos in full resolution if they need them for some reason (for crop, for print etc), and do not keep originals on theirs local pc.

We have social site and users create albums connected with particular events and share photos of event with other participants. Sometimes organizers or participants need to download photos in full size. For us it is useful to have original photos of event in one place on our server. That's just a user case and maybe it's really a little bit out of CB Gallery mission.

7 years 6 months ago #287119 by krileon
It's unlikely we'll ever implement that. All of our image display and storage code handles fullsize and thumbnail only. We have no case for handling the original, which would still need to be reprocessed on upload to remove potential image vulnerabilities which means 3 images are being processed on each upload. Most servers will not be able to handle that very well and would generate an exceeding amount of support for little to no benefit (we wouldn't do anything with the original as it'd have no purpose beyond download). I additionally would require a rewrite to CB Gallery upload behavior for images and its class functions to understand an original even exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 months ago #287135 by ya_anya
oh i see now that it's not so easy to implement that feature. Ok, thanks for explanation and help.

Have a nice day!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn