Need old version for migration

7 years 1 month ago #290792 by mlangtry
Need old version for migration was created by mlangtry
Hey All...

I'm trying to migrate from Joomla 1.5 CB 1.4 (very old I know) on a friends site to the new Joomla 3.x and CB 2.x but the tool I bought 'SP Upgrade' wants CB 1.9 on the origional site.

So I copied the origional site to a subfolder and checked it and it's working find, even the old CB stuff.

So I can update the 'copy' old CB 1.4 site to 1.9 and then (hopefully) SP Upgrade will be able to cope with all the customization of user fields and tabs I created on the origional site.

I've tried to go from old to new, but all my customized fields are lost. Got the users across but all the users photos are missing, as well as all the additional data I have them enter... sigh..

AAR, any help (Ver 1.9) or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers All!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #290934 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need old version for migration
You can download CB 1.9.1 from our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/files

Please note CB 2.x only supports Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x. After upgrading to CB 1.9.1 you'll need to migrate Joomla first. Then you can begin migrating to CB 2.x. Be sure you have plenty of backups and do the migration on a staging site so you can side by side compare.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn