Adding custom text to CB Registration page

18 years 4 weeks ago #9704 by neptuneval
Adding custom text to CB Registration page was created by neptuneval
Hi-
What I'm trying to do is add some introductory text above the registration form, either by hacking the code on the "registration.html.php" file or by modifying the language file "english.php". This seems to be the way to go based on feedback I've found in Joomla Forum. Since I'm using CB, I unpublished the Joomla Login and published the CB Login. I can't get it to work for me. So I've come here for help.

What I discovered is that when I try adding custom text, it works by changing the files above, BUT only works when following the "register" link in the published Joomla login NOT the "register" link in the published CB login.

Can anyone explain how I can correct this so that the CB registration displays the custom text I want to add?

Thanks!:S
Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 weeks ago #9709 by neptuneval
Replied by neptuneval on topic Re:Adding custom text to CB Registration page
I figured out a solution.

If you want to add customized text to the registration page, modifying the "registration.html.php" file works ONLY if you are using Joomla Login/registration.

If you are using CB Login/registration then the "comprofiler.html.php" file is the one that needs to be modified.

I'm wondering if there is a better way to do this though, rather than hacking these page codes?

17 years 10 months ago #15318 by anneeasterling
Replied by anneeasterling on topic Re:Adding custom text to CB Registration page
Actually, you can. I'm using Version 1.0 RC2.

Go to Components > Community Builder > Configuration. Click on the Registration tab. Scroll down to the bottom. There are two fields you would use: Introductory text for registration and Concluding text for registration.

I came across this message while trying to find information on how to send a link to a protected file when they register ... I think I just figured it out.

Happy day,
Anne

Post edited by: anneeasterling, at: 2006/06/14 19:24

16 years 5 months ago #51013 by divyatyam
Replied by divyatyam on topic Re:Adding custom text to CB Registration page
Hello,
How would I remove the text that says "This Field is required | This Field IS visible on profile |This Field IS NOT visible on profile | Move mouse over icon Field description: Move mouse over icon" ?
Thanks!

9 years 9 months ago #247112 by mikeklimczak
Replied by mikeklimczak on topic Re:Adding custom text to CB Registration page
I know this post/question is REALLY old, but as it is unanswered I thought I would close the loop on it to help anyone else that stumbles up it like I did.

You can change the location or remove altogether the "This Field is required | This Field IS visible on profile |This Field IS NOT visible on profile | Move mouse over icon Field description: Move mouse over icon" text by going to "Configuration" -> "Registration" -> "Show explanation icons"
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn