administrator cpanel button?

17 years 6 months ago #22967 by McBlaue
administrator cpanel button? was created by McBlaue
Hi I'm a newbie to joomla-world and so far am impressed by a mature and well dveloped product. Anyway, I'm developing a site that services a group of companies with different specialities. They need to be searcheable on these criteria and location and so on. I'm looking at adapting Community Builder to this end as it is so customiseable and seems to fill all the needs. Can someone tell me if it is possible to add the 'User Management' button on the Admin control panel with the CBuilder menu item? Admin will do all member addition/deletion. Members will be able to login and change their details.

Thanking you in advance....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #138412 by ericv
Replied by ericv on topic Re:administrator cpanel button?
Hi there, I was looking for the same thing.

I never actually found any way to add an icon to the main cpanel, but what I did was to create a "Custom HTML" module in the Administrator area and put it in the "Status" position.

This actually places it on the top bar next to the preview button and messages. This is nice because then it's always there.

You can play around with the look and feel, but I created a basic table put in a couple of icons and linked them to CB Users and CB Subs main page.

There is also a module called Art Admin Shortcuts that helps put links in the status area as well as creating shortcuts.(extensions.joomla.org/extensions/administration/admin-navigation/8377)

Hope that helps.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn