dislplay CB userlist in content

16 years 9 months ago #39738 by arjanknulst
dislplay CB userlist in content was created by arjanknulst
Hi everyone,

for my site i want to display a userlist somewhere in the middle of a piece of joomla content. Up to now I can only display a userlist by linking via the menu, or by creating a link in the content. But I want to open the userlist in the middle of a content item. Any ideas how to solve this?

arjan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #39752 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:dislplay CB userlist in content
You would need to write a content mambot for this.

mikko

16 years 9 months ago #39763 by arjanknulst
Replied by arjanknulst on topic Re:dislplay CB userlist in content
thanx mikko. the problem is i really don't have the knowledge to write mambots. i'm new to php.
how would it look like?

16 years 9 months ago #39764 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:dislplay CB userlist in content
It is unlikely that anyone will code this for you for free. If you really need it, I recommend posting this as a job at www.joomlancers.com.

If you are willing to learn, there are lots of good php tutorials on the net and good developer documentation at developer.joomla.org

mikko

16 years 8 months ago #40975 by stalders
Replied by stalders on topic Re:dislplay CB userlist in content
Hi arjanknulst

We had the same problem on a site of one of our clients and we solved it the cheap way just like this:
twiketours.com/de/anmeldung.html

Screenshot of the list in the content. Link from the screenshot to the "real" list.

If you found a mambot solving the problem, I would be happy to use that too.

Stalders.com

14 years 10 months ago #97122 by kurt_nielsen
Replied by kurt_nielsen on topic Re:dislplay CB userlist in content
There is a Joomla 1.x mambot that allows multiple components on one or more pages. It is called "componentbot"

Component includer - include any component in the content (via iframe). A kind of local wrapper. Code is {component}url{/component} . Replace url with the url to your component, WITHOUT index.php?. So the code would look like this: {component}option=com_blabla&Itemid=73&album=7{/component}

Would that help? :) It seems like you might have to create a section called for example "member list" then just add as many components as you like via {component}url{/component} better yet if it's public you will want to make it an item page rather than section or category so you can add your metatags;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn