Error

Please login first

userterms

18 years 1 month ago #8834 by Andrej
userterms was created by Andrej
When a member registrer their is a button for terms and conditions he(she has to agree to.

I wonder where is the terms&condtion file, so i can adjust the content in the text for it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #8842 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:userterms
in the CB configuration there is a box to enter the url for your terms and conditions. It can be any Joomla content item you create. There is a default entry in the box to show you the proper format.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

18 years 1 month ago #8964 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:userterms
To further clarify what ScubaGuy is saying... CB has a default URL to show style but does not have a default Terms & Condidtions page...

However... what I use and recommend... AKO Legal has a very complete terms and conditions as well as privacy policy... all editable... I recommend looking for it I think it is a Joomla Component versus CB Plugin...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #9508 by Andrej
Replied by Andrej on topic Re:userterms
ok, thanks scubaguy and geeffland

18 years 1 month ago #10449 by Syntroxis
Replied by Syntroxis on topic Re:userterms
Hi Greg -

I'm still not clear as to where the user creatable Terms & Conditions page is to be placed. I see the text "index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18" in the Registration configuration, but I've no idea where to put the file.

Is it in an additional Section/Category/Content? Would this be covered in the subscription documentation?

I appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Paul

18 years 4 weeks ago #10529 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Replied by FaShUnPhOtOg on topic Re:userterms
Ok, I realize it's been awhile since anyone has replied to this thread but since I've only just done this myself I thought I'd post this here.

I took Geeffland's advice and located AKOLegal. I installed it as a component. Next came the tricky part: locating the url link to place in the CBuilder configuration so the Terms and Conditions link goes to the correct page.

I cheated... :) I went to the AKOLegal component directly using www.mywebsite'surl.com/index.php?option=com_akolegal

This took me to the main AKOLegal page with my website's details. I then clicked the Terms and Conditions link and got the following url:
http://www.mywebsite'surl.com/index.php?option=com_akolegal&Itemid=99999999&func=terms

I copied the link: index.php?option=com_akolegal&Itemid=99999999&func=terms and entered it under the registration tab of the CBuilder configuration replacing the default link (index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18) and saved the whole thing.

Finally, I logged out of my Joomla! and clicked the Register button and tested the operation of the Terms and Conditions to be sure it works. It does and I'm happy.

I hope this helps anyone else who encounters this problem like I and others have.

Cheers,

M.

Post edited by: FaShUnPhOtOg, at: 2006/04/18 06:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn