Date field data uploaded does not populate via CSV

11 years 8 months ago #206269 by salazar.ea
I setup a Field for dates, where on the front-end, one can choose the calendar, and/or manually enter the mm-dd-yyyy. I've tried to upload dates into the date fields with and without the "/" and the "-", and also just simple text mmddyyyy format. In the Excel spreadsheet, the column is formated to TEXT.

The data does not get entered into that field. What can I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #206296 by jciconsult
I would suggest exporting a csv file but examine it using a text editor so that you can see how dates are handled on your server. DONT USE EXCEL. For your input file, you need dates as STRINGS because of the conventions of MYSQL. If you are using EXCEL to manage your CSV, you need to set the field up for export as a string.
On my server the fields look like "2007-08-02 08:43:08"

11 years 8 months ago #206504 by salazar.ea
Thanks for the reply. The output from the exported CSV file, which I then viewed using a text editor, displayed the date format the same as your example from your Server: 2012-07-24 18:19:11. The question I have is do I then need to enter a "time-stamp" in the same field on my CSV?

I don't know how to go about doing that if it's necessary.

Thank you in advance.
Erick

11 years 8 months ago #206505 by jciconsult
Just leave the time off. You should end up alright but it depends on the serve.

11 years 8 months ago #206507 by salazar.ea
Ok, thanks. During my testing, I went ahead and deleted the test users using CB User Management, then on re-import, the users do not show up any longer, although CBJuice confirms the import.

11 years 8 months ago #206508 by jciconsult
Use the cb/tools to check and repair the files. You probably have something screwed up in your structure.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn