Trying to pull users from old Joomla 1.0 site with CB 1.2

9 years 10 months ago #246275 by jmmaurer
Hello.

I need suggestions on how to salvage users from an old Joomla 1.0 site with Community builder 1.2.

The site is to old and isn't working properly any more. we are rebuilding with the latest versions but need to salvage our user list and their profiles.

I haven't found any plugins that go back far enough to run on joomla 1.0 to allow me to export the database or any programs that say they can import a file that old in to joomla 3.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #246277 by jciconsult
look at the frs history of CBJUICE. Pick the last version that works in 1. You will be able to get most of the fields. I cannot remember whether there is a version that exports the passwords. You have then in the new site to recreate all the fields before trying to load with the latest version of CBJUICE into a joomla 3 site.

9 years 10 months ago #246278 by jmmaurer
Thanks...

I was able to find an older copy that would run and downloaded a copy of my user database.

I also understand from your response that I need to make sure that matching field names are created in my new joomla site so that the data will map correctly.

I have another question. What little instructions I found for CBjuice states

"This version of CBJUICE expects the following format CSV file.

username,password,firstname,lastname,email"

Does this mean "in comma delineated format" or "these five fields must be first and in this order?"

Thanks again

9 years 10 months ago #246281 by wolverton
Yes, file must be in comma separated value format. Order of fields shouldn't matter.
Use Openoffice or LibreOffice for best results when editing the file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn