Avoiding Duplicates

9 years 6 months ago #249222 by ianm
Avoiding Duplicates was created by ianm
I am using CBJuice 1.7 beta 4 with Joomla 1.5.26. In the past I used to it to import many thousands of users initially. Now I would like to use it to add other users but I need to avoid adding duplicates. The obvious first choice to check duplicates against is e-mail address, but that is not possible in this version. It looks as if CBJuice2 will work on my version of Joomla and it would not allow new users to be added with the same e-mail address as an existing user. Is that correct?

If this won’t work, do you have any suggestions for an alternative workflow to avoid adding duplicate users.

Many thanks

Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #249242 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Avoiding Duplicates
Yes, in add mode, CBJ2 will not allow duplicate emails or usernames.
If you have two rows in the import file with duplicate emails or usernames, only the first one will be imported.

9 years 6 months ago #249243 by ianm
Replied by ianm on topic Avoiding Duplicates
Thank you for that. Can I clarify whether the deduplication is between the import file and the existing users in Joomla or just within the import file? Removing duplicates in the import file is reasonably straightforward; it is ensuring that new records are not added as duplicates to existing ones that is my problem.

Ian

9 years 6 months ago #249244 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Avoiding Duplicates
There is no duplication allowed between the import file and the existing users in Joomla database. For each row in the import file, the code checks to see if there is an existing user with the row's email or username. If there is a match, the row is skipped.

9 years 6 months ago #249245 by ianm
Replied by ianm on topic Avoiding Duplicates
Perfect; thanks.

I'll give CBJ2 a go.

Ian

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn