Hashed Password problem

9 years 3 months ago #253768 by joebrickley
Hashed Password problem was created by joebrickley
Hello,
I am having the same problem with re-importing hashed passwords ( to a earlier backup clone of same site.) The hashed password in the phpmyadmin database user table matches the one in the cbjuice2 export csv file.
Could it be that CBJUICE is stricter than joomla on the criteria / strength of passwords, and some users may have changed passwords to ones that whilst good enough for joomla, are not good enough for CBJUICE2?
regards
Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #253800 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Hashed Password problem
I've moved this to a new topic.
Since it is not possible to extract the original user password from the Joomla database, there can be no check on the strength of the passwords.
What are you using as a delimiter, and are you saving CSV as UTF-8 first?

9 years 3 months ago #253911 by joebrickley
Replied by joebrickley on topic Hashed Password problem
Hi Wolverton,
Thanks for your assistance. I basically save out from CBJUICE2 on one site as csv (comma is the delimiter) and then open in any of the following to remove some users, a) excel (on windows) b) notepad (windows) c) notepad++ (Windows) d) textwrangler (mac), e) numbers (mac) .
...in textwrangler its unicode UTF-8 windows (CLRF). save and then import straight back into CBJUICE on the backup site.
My hash password as an example looks like :$2y$10$KNbGTT82ke1Rquzs6EgoxumwQcl4fuI50/iL0k7D7zC0Tcu53R6ie
sometimes the fields are in "" sometimes not.

Thanks
Joe
example one user upload file :
"name","username","email","password","block","sendEmail","registerDate","lastvisitDate","activation","params","lastResetTime","resetCount","otpKey","otep","requireReset","user_id","firstname","middlename","lastname","hits","message_last_sent","message_number_sent","avatar","avatarapproved","approved","confirmed","lastupdatedate","registeripaddr","cbactivation","banned","banneddate","unbanneddate","bannedby","unbannedby","bannedreason","acceptedterms","website","location","occupation","interests","cb_phonenumber","cb_location","cb_unisonrole","cb_employer","cb_workplace","cb_constituency","cb_unisonmembershipnumber","cb_workplaceaddress","cb_city","cb_postcode","cb_country","usertype"
"joe_batchtest upload","joe_test_upload","joebrickle***@gmail.com","$2y$10$KNbGTT82ke1Rquzs6EgoxumwQcl4fuI50/iL0k7D7zC0Tcu53R6ie","0","0","2014-11-28 08:42:00","2014-11-28 10:43:12","","{""language"":"""",""editor"":"""",""timezone"":""Europe\/London""}","0000-00-00 00:00:00","0","","","0","315","joe_batchtest","","upload","0","0000-00-00 00:00:00","0","","1","1","1","2014-11-28 08:45:24","82.34.175.21","","0","","","","","","0","","","","","","","Member|*|Unison Steward|*|Branch Officer","Bristol City Council","","","6287773","Brunel House","","bs1 5uy","","Registered|Unison Steward|Branch Officer"

9 years 3 months ago #253913 by joebrickley
error message is :
CB Version =1.9
CBJ2_HEADER_VARIABLES are
Array ( [0] => name [1] => username [2] => email [3] => password [4] => block [5] => sendEmail [6] => registerDate [7] => lastvisitDate [8] => activation [9] => params [10] => lastResetTime [11] => resetCount [12] => otpKey [13] => otep [14] => requireReset [15] => user_id [16] => firstname [17] => middlename [18] => lastname [19] => hits [20] => message_last_sent [21] => message_number_sent [22] => avatar [23] => avatarapproved [24] => approved [25] => confirmed [26] => lastupdatedate [27] => registeripaddr [28] => cbactivation [29] => banned [30] => banneddate [31] => unbanneddate [32] => bannedby [33] => unbannedby [34] => bannedreason [35] => acceptedterms [36] => website [37] => location [38] => occupation [39] => interests [40] => cb_phonenumber [41] => cb_location [42] => cb_unisonrole [43] => cb_employer [44] => cb_workplace [45] => cb_constituency [46] => cb_unisonmembershipnumber [47] => cb_workplaceaddress [48] => cb_city [49] => cb_postcode [50] => cb_country [51] => usertype )
joe_test_upload joebrick*****@gmail.com Password is not hashed, not possible to load
Count of Records Imported=1
Count of Records Used=0

9 years 3 months ago #253920 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Hashed Password problem
There is a problem in CBJuice2 with hashed passwords. The hash checker is set for the old format (32 hex characters) and rejects the newer format.
For now you can edit the file administrator/components/com_cbjuice2/helpers/helper.php ,
change
return $hashedpwd;
to
return true;
The following user(s) said Thank You: joebrickley

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #253924 by joebrickley
Thank you so much for posting a work around, I'm hoping this will avoid having to have a couple of hundred users reset their passwords. I tried this with the single test user and it seemed to work. When I tried again with the bulk upload I am getting a server error 500 when I log in with the test user ! I dont know if this is affecting all uploaded users but will have to assume so.
Any idea what might be causing this ?
Thanks again for your help
Joe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn