First version of consolidated tab-plugin

17 years 7 months ago #21167 by mikko
I just coded a tab taht can view the content of several other tabs inside it.

An example of where I use this probably demonstrates the idea better:
I have an alumni site. For each alumnus (cb member), there is a tab career. This tab is required to show details of the current job and list of all previous jobs with less details. I first make a normal tab that contains the details of the current job. Then I make a list tab that shows all the previous jobs. Finally, I use the consolidated tab to show this information under one tab.

As usual for most of my codings, there is no administrative UI. You configure this thing by dong the following:
-unpublish the tabs that you wish to consolidate
-install the plugin
-create a new tab and publish it
-goto your database and edit the pluginclass and pluginid of the consolidated tab (in comprofiler_tabs) to match the class and id of the newly installed plugin
-goto your database and edit the parameters of the consolidated tab plugin (in comprofiler_plugins) to the following format
{id of the consolidating tab}={comma separated list of the ids of the tabs to be consolidated}

You can have several different tabs as consolidating tabs, just add more lines to the parameters column and modify the comprofiler_tabs.

mikko

Attachment consolidatedtab.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21262 by mikko
A new version of the php file. This is actually a pretty cool plugin ;) Really enhances the tabs.

The attached image shows three tabs consolidated as one. Teh first one is a normal one, after which come two tabs modified with listtab plugin.

mikko

Attachment consolidatedtab-ef4c2467bade476e2697fca1cc17211c.zip not found

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2006/09/20 23:16
Attachments:

17 years 2 months ago #31408 by mikko
New version with right readme.

mikko

Attachment consolidatedtab-a09812ee3b96815ae47d49136c4b0234.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandkrileon