group specific content

11 years 1 month ago #222775 by jbrunk
group specific content was created by jbrunk
Good Morning, I have a project I am working on that I may need to get another programmer involved. Not sure if something like this is available but we are looking for articles that are specific to certain groups.

So the group admin can create an article and only members subscribed to that group can see that content.

Not sure if it needs to be a plugin an integration, but someone with groupjive dev experience might be able to point me in the direction or be willing to be hired to build it.

I have no concerns contracting someone to build out this functionality. I would use odesk to ensure everything is legit.

Hope someone has seen this or has an idea! :)
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic group specific content
Sounds like you're misunderstand what GJ does. It is not usergroup or access permissions management. It is for community groups. Groups like on Facebook for example. All group content is contained and specific to that group.

If you're wanting access permissions then just use Joomla usergroups and access view levels as it sounds like you're just wanting ACL on Joomla articles, which already exists and is built into Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222794 by jbrunk
Replied by jbrunk on topic group specific content
I have used groupjive in the past and i understand what it is used for. But just like each community has its own event calendars and videos and photo galleries, i am looking for the ability for articles to be specific to that community as well.

11 years 1 month ago #222805 by krileon
I see, no it has no articles integration. It does have a Wall integration for users to post content though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222808 by jbrunk
Replied by jbrunk on topic group specific content
Hi Kyle,
I apologize if my post didn't make sense :( I am looking for someone that could develop or maybe already has this functionality. I need to get this type of functionality and would gladly contact joomlapolis or someone else to build this if it doesn't exist.

11 years 1 month ago #222812 by krileon
Suggest posting on sites like joomlancers or freelancers to see if someone can be hired to implement this. It's an integration planned for GJ, but not until after CB 2.0; so awhile from now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn