Joomla menu not appearing

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228686 by rair_user
Joomla menu not appearing was created by rair_user
Hi,

I use Joomla 2.5.7, CB version 1.9, GroupJive version 2.6.1

I have a link Group Jive categories overview (for-members-only/mining-managers-community/groupjive) but when I click on one of the group (e.g. /community-groups/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&func=show&cat=6), me Joomla menu disappears.

The reason for this is that the group link does not maintain the website menu structure so the menu will not display.

For the menu to stay active, the link should be:
for-members-only/mining-managers-community/groupjive/pluginclass?plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&func=show&cat=6

Is there a way to change the group links to maintain the URL structure.
The images attached with hopefully provide clarification. I am referring to the menu on the right.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228719 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla menu not appearing
Internal Joomla menu links need to be generated within GJ backend. External links added manually will not maintain or use Itemid when Joomla SEF is enabled. In backend you'll find GJ > Menus and from there can generate links (this probably isn't in 2.6.1, I don't remember) or through the "create menu" links at the top of GJ backend pages next to the "Frontend URL".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228798 by rair_user
Replied by rair_user on topic Joomla menu not appearing
I created my menu within the the GJ backend.

I created the menu "All Groups - Create menu link to all groups page". This work fine. You will notice in the uploaded image "GroupJive-with-menu.jpg" - this is the page I created, I just changed the name to "Community".

The problem happens when I click on one of the groups (Management for example in attache image - "GroupJive-with-no-menu.jpg"), then the menu doesn't appear.

Please let me know is this is unclear.

10 years 10 months ago #228841 by krileon
It's because your module is assigned to the "For Members" menu item and not the "Community" menu item. Edit your module and ensure it's assigned to the correct menu items.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228906 by rair_user
Replied by rair_user on topic Joomla menu not appearing
Krileon, please let me know if I am not understanding you.

The menu item I created through GJ menu is "Community" (It originally had the name "All groups") - "Community" displays a list of all groups.

When I click on a specific group to view details, the menu disappears. The links for each group are created by the system.

10 years 10 months ago #228925 by krileon
Joomla menus are displayed via modules. Modules are displayed via Itemid. GJ will use the first Itemid it can find and will continue to use it throughout. You can override what Itemid GJ uses within GJ > Config > Global as well as enable or disable "Dynamic ID", which checks every URL against Joomla for more specific Itemid usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn