GJ Questions

13 years 2 weeks ago #156772 by bigc90210
GJ Questions was created by bigc90210
Hi!

Well done on the release of groupjive 2.0, it certainly looks amazing! I have a question of which i hope somone could answer.

I see you can upload photos/videos to groups pages. Is there any way you could have another tab (similar to photos/videos) where users could upload "files" (say pdf/mp3/zip/rar etc), with controls on filesize etc in the backend? Just for one of the main groups i'd want to create, i'd have no use for users uploading photos/videos, but other kinds of files would be essential for GJ use for me.

Cheers

C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #156780 by montana
Replied by montana on topic Re: GJ Questions
New Groupjive 2.0 with a lot of addons , it sounds Great! :-)

I Use at the moment GJ 1.8 Component for my Site,

I downloaded the new 2.0 Package and do not see any Component by Package...

How to Upgrade to 2.0 now?

13 years 2 weeks ago #156785 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Questions

Is there any way you could have another tab (similar to photos/videos) where users could upload "files" (say pdf/mp3/zip/rar etc), with controls on filesize etc in the backend?

Not without making an integration to do so, no. You could use the existing integrations as a base for your new integration.

I downloaded the new 2.0 Package and do not see any Component by Package...

Please read the documentation. There is a HUGE difference between 1.8 and 2.0. Mainly that it is NOT an extension. It is a Plugin installed within CBs Plugin Management. These types of plugins are called plugin components. All the power of a full Joomla extension packed into a single CB plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #156828 by montana
Replied by montana on topic Re: GJ Questions
Nice, but before upgrade to 2.0, what about with 1.8 Created Groups from my user? Deinstall and lost?
or is there any import function from the old groups from 1.8 to GJ 2.0?

or must we start from zero by installing GJ 2.

13 years 2 weeks ago #156832 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GJ Questions
GroupJive 2.0 has a built in migration tool. Simply run Tools from within GJ 2.0 and it'll check for an existing database asking to migrate or delete. It'll use it's best judgment to move the categories and groups over. You do not have to uninstall GJ 1.8, they can run concurrent to one another, but only 1 of their CB plugins can exist. Migration is not full-proof and some groups may not move properly prompting re-creation (moving from two entirely different database and API structures).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: montana

13 years 2 weeks ago #156892 by Guardian1
Replied by Guardian1 on topic Re: GJ Questions
that answers my question lol, updating from 1.8 to 2.0. ok will do the same

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn