Assigning Template to GroupJive

13 years 1 month ago #156921 by baparks
Assigning Template to GroupJive was created by baparks
In a configuration where 2 or more templates are used I see no way to assign GroupJive's children to a specific template.
More Info:

My site has a "PR" side (default) and a members only section (assigned template). After copying the GJ menu to the Members Section menu I can assign GroupJive to the members only menu and it shows the GJ landing page in the correct template.
However clicking on New Category, Message Categories, Category Name, category description, or Edit opens your selection in the Joomla! default menu.
Even after creating a menu item based on the url of the action and assigning that item to a menu and template, it still defaults to the Joomla! default template.

Can you please suggest an alternate way to assign a different template to the functions of GJ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Assigning Template to GroupJive
You can't assign a template to each function unless it's done via Joomla menu link and you have all the CSS in your Joomla template CSS file. The template is singular and which is why it is on the General tab, please review the information directly next to parameters for specifics.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157009 by baparks
Replied by baparks on topic Re: Assigning Template to GroupJive
Using Joomla! and assigning a url to a menu item is not the same?

On an existing menu, I copied the url address AFTER http://domain name..:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&func=new&Itemid=530
Gave the item the name Create New Category...
Assigned the memu item "Create New Category" to the same template used by OTHER items in the SAME menu so that ALL items in THAT menu were using the SAME assigned template.

Are you saying I shouldn't do it this way?

13 years 1 month ago #157287 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Assigning Template to GroupJive
Don't know what to advise, I've never used Joomlas menu template assignment. You need to create menu links from within GJ using its create menu functions when editing a category or group. Once done it'll create a valid internal menu link. You then need to enable dynamic id within GJs configuration. Once done the Itemid for that menu link will be used. You can then assign modules, templates, etc.. to that menu link; all of which is based purely off the itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn