GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template

13 years 2 weeks ago #157258 by GoremanX
GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template was created by GoremanX
Why does each GroupJive plugin have its own css file that specifies colours and completely ignores the GroupJive template? Will changes to these css files be blown away next time I update those plugins?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #157266 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
If you open the CSS files you'll notice most are no larger then 4 lines of CSS. They override some of the default as it's necessary to format the integration (usually getting rid of a float and width).

Yes changes to these will go away with next update or reinstall. You can add your own custom CSS in a new template folder and selecting that template which will not go away. The main template.css file is always loaded; this is where you'd place your custom CSS for integrations. In the future the integrations will look for a CSS file in relation to their self and load it from the template file if available (next release).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #157293 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
I've got nothing against required formatting for each plugin. It's the imposition of colour that's annoying. Each plugin specifies its own colour for certain elements (headers, borders) that clash with GroupJive templates. I can't override it in the GroupJive template unless I add !important statements, and I try to avoid using !important whenever possible.

13 years 1 week ago #157394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
GroupJive 2.1 will allow specifying a CSS file specific to an integration within your GJ template folder. For example if you add cbgroupjiveevents.css inside your template folder it will load for the events integration allowing you to override colors if you want. You do not need to use important, you just need to add more selectors to give it more weight. At any rate important isn't a problem as works on IE7, IE8, FF, Chrome just fine.

Thread moved to GJ boards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #158114 by blechler
Replied by blechler on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
I was wondering if there is any documentation on how to do this with 2.1. Do I need to ftp my template directly to the server? Do I put it into the templates folder in plug_cbgroupjive_21, zip it up and re-install the plugin?

I have tried the latter, but even unzipping and re-zipping the plugin (no changes to anything) causes me to get a 500 error when I try to install it.

13 years 1 week ago #158115 by GoremanX
Replied by GoremanX on topic Re: GroupJive Plugins Ignore Template
I just created a new folder in the following directory:
components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates
(wow, that's a mouthful)

In my case, I copied the "default" template to one called "fpz" instead. This created a new "fpz" entry in the list of GroupJive templates in the backend. Then I modified the css files to suit my needs. It was mostly just fine-tuning the colours.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn