Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab

12 years 11 months ago #164685 by Hotties Wrestle
Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab was created by Hotties Wrestle
Hello, is there a way to prevent a user's posts in their private group forum from showing up on their CB profile, without having to disable the forum tab in CB?

No problem with the Kunena Latests Posts module, though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #164785 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab
The posts will only show if the user has permission to see the posts. So for example if you're in Group XYZ then you have permission to see posts for Group XYZ. Those who do not have permission will not see the posts in the forum tab. Alternatively you can use incubator project CB Forums and simply exclude the groups category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #164815 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab
Thanks. You installed CB Forums for me a little while back and I found the exclusion area.
Thanks again :)

12 years 10 months ago #164823 by Hotties Wrestle
Replied by Hotties Wrestle on topic Re: Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab
Minor update..
I checked back and noticed it wasn't saving the forums I selected to exclude. I found the plugin in phpmyadmin (jos_comprofiler_plugin, CB Forums row) and noticed forum_exclude=Array. I changed Array to the ID of the forum I wanted to exclude and now it works. If I wanted to exclude a few would I put in IDs like:
forum_exclude=15,16,21 ?

Not sure if the Array text is a bug or just something weird on my configuration so I thought I would report it.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #164886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab
That would be a bug being addressed with next release; apologize for the inconvenience. Proper structure would be as follows.

forum_exclude=15|*|16|*|21

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199032 by traustic
Replied by traustic on topic Re: Hidden Posts Show on Kunena Profile Tab
Forum thread titles show up under latest threads in the posts tab of forum integration. Is there any way I can exclude forum categories? I do not see that option under the forum integration plugin nor posts tab for CB.

Using latest version of kunena and cb. When you click the post title it says you do not have the rights/abilities to view the post. I don't even want the title to be shown.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn