Possible to Bulk Add Users?

12 years 10 months ago #164842 by Hotties Wrestle
Possible to Bulk Add Users? was created by Hotties Wrestle
Is it possible to bulk add users to a GroupJive group? There are about 100 users I would like to add (mostly so they can talk on a private forum). If there's no way to do this via an admin panel, might anyone be able to help with an SQL query to run?

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but in the admin backend, under "users" in Groupjive, there is no username.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #164885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Possible to Bulk Add Users?
There's no import/export feature, sorry. You can not do this through database as zero integrations will fire. When adding users from backend you supply the user_id and not username; this is 100% accurate and unique wherein username can be changed the user_id can not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165426 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Possible to Bulk Add Users?
Please correct me if I am wrong... but I think you can use the AUTO function in GroupJive. I recently tested some parameters and I had to add all users with a certain field value into a group... Fortunately, my users had a multi-checkbox-field that differentiate them. I remember, I setup in GJ -> user -> AUTO a new action for "Existing users"...

(the users are assigned to the group on profile update, not sure if I opened some users myself in backend, or if the action was triggered for all?! Please, try for yourself.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: dan1165

12 years 10 months ago #165434 by krileon
The above is an acceptable means as well, but it's still no bulk feature such as an import. You could setup the auto to act on the synchronize trigger then run synchronization from CB tools. More on available triggers can be found within tutorials in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

12 years 10 months ago #165445 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Possible to Bulk Add Users?
Ah, thanks for your confirmation ;-) I am currently in a total different job, and I couldn´t remember my experiences and steps in deatil.

By the way, a batch-process for such tasks would be cool. (Also in CBsubs for assigning plans to certain users or GJgroups ;-) )

12 years 10 months ago #165529 by krileon
CB 2.0 will be featuring an import/export API, which at that point GJ too will receive import/export. As is would have to develop a parser from the ground up and opt to just wait for the API within CB to implement in a generic manner.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn