'Group access' options in frontend meaning what?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167449 by Madan
Dear fellow members!

Firstly I'd like to thank Krileon (as so many times before) for helping me out last time I had GJ-issues.

And here's my latest question:

I'm just about finished tranlating GJ but there's one thing I actually don't understand the meaning of; the 'Group access' options (I attached a screen-dump to clarify what I mean).

I guess 'Everybody' means that non-registered visitors will have access to the group and that 'All registered users' should be interpreted just as it says.

But what does 'USERS' and subsequent options mean? Seems to me like a repetition of the first two options? I guess this is not the case but I just don't get it.

Have a nice day you all!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #167479 by krileon

But what does 'USERS' and subsequent options mean? Seems to me like a repetition of the first two options? I guess this is not the case but I just don't get it.

That is Joomlas root usergroup. The first 2 usergroups are custom for GJ and afterwards is all Joomlas usergroups. For further info regarding Joomlas usergroups I recommend studying their documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #167490 by Madan
Hi again Kyle!

Man you're fast with answers! But I appreciate it very much - of course!

I hate to bother you once more on the same day, but do you know how to remove the other options? Prehaps I could translate them with blank strings, at least making them "invicible"?

Thanks again! :cheer:

/Daniel

12 years 9 months ago #167571 by krileon

I hate to bother you once more on the same day, but do you know how to remove the other options? Prehaps I could translate them with blank strings, at least making them "invicible"?

You need to edit them out from component.cbgroupjive.php inside the edit group function. Aside from that no other way to remove them. The list is dynamic based on the users access level though. A registered user can't create a group only Administrators could access for example.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #167835 by Madan
Dear Kyle!

I guess you can figure, but I'm a true novice to all webb-programing etc.
So, please bear with me.. one last question regarding this issue.

I tried doing as you instructed, editing the php-file (in my back-up) and I think it worked. I'd like however, to be 100% sure before doing it to my actual web-page. Don't wont to ruin all my work at this point :)

I removed the following string in component.cbgroupjive.php:

$list_access = array_merge( $list_access, cbgjClass::cmsGroupsBelowMe() );

Is this right? Could doing this result in any problems with GJ or CB etc?

As always: thank you for your kind help Kyle and I wish you a very happy mid-summers holiday (really big deal here in Sweden)

/Daniel

12 years 9 months ago #167978 by krileon

Is this right? Could doing this result in any problems with GJ or CB etc?

The change is correct. This would remove all ACL groups from the list and only display the ones you manually add to PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madan

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn