Inviting to a Group Jive Group

12 years 8 months ago #173471 by gschmalenberg
Inviting to a Group Jive Group was created by gschmalenberg
The Group invite doesn't work properly.
1) No e-mail is sent to the user so there's no indication that they've been invited.
2) I've tried using Name instead of username, this doesn't work
3) I've tried using e-mail but they also don't work, even though I checked the settings in the system to make sure both e-mail and name were selected in the configuration.
4) I can't find any place where I can see when I've been invited to a group so there is no way for a user to know that they've been invited.

Besides inviting users of the system, if I supply an e-mail, I also want to be able to invite non-users of the system, so they will join the site. I've added the CB Invites functionality but it's not integrated with Groups and it is very basic. I tried another invite module with more functionality but it crashed. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173567 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Inviting to a Group Jive Group
Invites to existing users requires a PMS such as UddeIM to be installed or you need to configure within GJ configuration the notification method to Email only (this should be Email or PM by default, do not change unless you understand your change). Please ensure emails work at all within CB by testing Mass Mailer within CB > User Management. Your existing invites are seen from the exact invite tab that you sent the invite from. Non-users can be invited to join the group and site by supplying email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gschmalenberg

12 years 8 months ago #173618 by gschmalenberg
Replied by gschmalenberg on topic Re: Inviting to a Group Jive Group
I change the default to E-mail only.

Thank you, that solved several of my problems. The system now sends an e-mails to the invitee if I use either e-mail address or if I use their username. This was the most important.

It still doesn't work if I use their actual Name.

Since the e-mail is now working I can tell when I've been invited to a group. So that solves that problem, although I think there is still no where in the system that I actually see which groups I've been invited to, although this is now less important.

12 years 8 months ago #173653 by krileon
You can't see what groups you have been invited to. You can only see the invites to users you have invited. Groups you've been invited to will dynamically (fixed in next release) change their access to allow you in (if blocked; e.g. invite only groups) and can use the Join link. You should also just click the link given to you in the email to join.

Name only works if the name is unique. If you type "Bob" and there's 8 users with "Bob" in their name then it will find all those users and present you with a select list with radio buttons below their name/avatar. From there you select which one you intended to invite. Same affect is seen with Username. Ensure name has been input correctly. Can confirm if working by setting the only invite method allowed as Name (this only works for EXISTING users!).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #173679 by gschmalenberg
Replied by gschmalenberg on topic Re: Inviting to a Group Jive Group
The problem is you can only use one or the other. If I select username, it works, if I select name it works. but if I select name and username, only username works.

I think for now, I'm better off with name. But it probably should find both.

12 years 8 months ago #173711 by krileon
If it finds part of your search in the username then it will not bother searching name as it's progressive searching and does not continue searching when results are found. You should be more specific with the search when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn