Restrict number of groups

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #182346 by andy_blanc
Restrict number of groups was created by andy_blanc
Hi,

I'm very new to CB and GJ so olease bear with me...

I'm using groupjive to administer "leagues" and i want to be able to restrict the number of leagues (groups) a member can join. Probably to 2 or 3. Is this possible?

Also, this maybe for another board but i also want to be able to set up a CB user list that displays only the users in the same group as the viewer. Ive tried to use a MySQL fields plugin and run ViewerID as the "where" but it doesn't seem to be very accurate. Does anyone know of a better way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #182375 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Restrict number of groups

andy_blanc wrote: Hi,

I'm very new to CB and GJ so olease bear with me...

I'm using groupjive to administer "leagues" and i want to be able to restrict the number of leagues (groups) a member can join. Probably to 2 or 3. Is this possible?

Currently it is not possible.

Also, this maybe for another board but i also want to be able to set up a CB user list that displays only the users in the same group as the viewer. Ive tried to use a MySQL fields plugin and run ViewerID as the "where" but it doesn't seem to be very accurate. Does anyone know of a better way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

I am not sure you can dynamically do this - will bookmark this thread for Kyle (he will be back next week as he is on a well deserved break).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn