private forums

12 years 4 months ago #185484 by lacus7
private forums was created by lacus7
Hello
Can you help me on my problem ?
I am using GroupJive 2.4 and CB 1.7 and Kunena
Is it possilbe to create a private forum accesible only for the users inside a groupjive group ?
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185497 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: private forums
Yes and no. Yes as in that's how it's supposed to work and no as in it's bugged currently (fixed for next release).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185499 by lacus7
Replied by lacus7 on topic Re: private forums
Do you know when will the next release come out?

12 years 3 months ago #186099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: private forums
When it's done, I'm working as diligently as possible to get it released. Please keep in mind developers/professional subscribers will receive the first releases as it will be released in Beta, RC, then Stable schedule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #187672 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: private forums

lacus7 wrote: Is it possilbe to create a private forum accesible only for the users inside a groupjive group ?

lacus7,
I'm presently doing this with GJ 2.3, as long as the groups are invite types. You could downgrade if that's an option for you. It doesn't work for categories, everyone still sees all of those, just not the groups inside. I have all the "invite" groups in one category anyway. Thought I'd suggest this as an option for you.

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

12 years 3 months ago #188154 by dryas
Replied by dryas on topic Re: private forums
+1 fader8

I do it with GJ2.4 and kunena 1.7.0, when you select invite in the edit group panel, the group is just visible by the group member. Sometimes the group forum stay visible. Just use the stat recount fonction of kunena ti fix it. ( I don't know why but it s working for me )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn