Need Setup Advice

11 years 9 months ago #203899 by bgies
Need Setup Advice was created by bgies
Hi,

I'm just designing a site that needs to have a Group for every country worldwide. It will be divided first by continent (top level group) and then country.

What I want to do is to have each country group be able to post articles and easily access the articles for that group. I'm also planning on using K2.

Any setup advice that would make this easier and more seamless for the users. I don't mind if the setup is complex as long as the site is easy to use :).

Also... it seems that the only country/state fields plugin I can find (Angek Design) is poorly supported (if at all). I did buy it, but is there anything else that can handle getting country/state fields into the registration form?

Any setup advice welcome. All I've installed so far is J 2.5.6 and CB plus a few CB plugins.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #203976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need Setup Advice
GJ has no K2 or Joomla article integration. GJ Categories could be Countries and Groups be States I suppose, but doesn't resolve the K2 or Joomla article need.

Also... it seems that the only country/state fields plugin I can find (Angek Design) is poorly supported (if at all). I did buy it, but is there anything else that can handle getting country/state fields into the registration form?

You can try using CB Conditional to show/hide fields based off other fields value, but that may take a lot of fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn