[SOLVED] How to translate "Don't Notify"

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #213427 by mibert
Hi there,

I am translating GroupJive 2.5.3 into German and sofar everything looks fine.
However, I am not able to translate the "Don\\\'t Notify" string.

I have translated the variable 'Don\\\'t Notify' in all language files (admin_language.php, integration_language.php and language.php), but it still shows as Don't Notify.

Any hint, how to fix this matter, would be most appreciated.

With best regards and thanks in advance

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #213452 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to translate "Don't Notify"
"Don't Notify" => "Don't Notify"

Simply use double quotes instead of single quotes so you don't need to escape the single quote.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213455 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic Re: How to translate "Don't Notify"
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your mail. Actually I may have expressed myself wrongly.
The original language file is showing:

'Don\\\'t Notify' => 'Don\\\'t Notify',

I have translated it to German:

'Don\\\'t Notify' => 'Keine Benachrichtigung',

However, it seems not to have any effect. Still on my website it shows as 'Don't Notify'

Do you have any explanation and idea, how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

Michael

11 years 5 months ago #213613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: How to translate "Don't Notify"
There's too many slashes escaping it. You'll need to fix that to just 1 escape or do as suggested in my previous reply.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mibert

11 years 5 months ago #213627 by mibert
Replied by mibert on topic Re: How to translate "Don't Notify"
Hi Kirleon,

thank you very much. I have tried your suggestion and its working fine.
The strange point is only, that the original language file already contains "Don\\\'t Notify".

Anyway, my problem was solved.

Best regards

Michael

11 years 2 months ago #220298 by Hertak
Replied by Hertak on topic Re: How to translate "Don't Notify"
Works for me with double quotes thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn