Possible Config- GroupJive, CB Auto Actions, CB Query field?

11 years 2 months ago #220434 by ajbat21
Any insight welcomed.

Using:
-GroupJive
-CB Auto Actions
-CB Query field

Is this this possible:

I have two profile types on my site Mentors and Veterans. I use the profile manager plugin... It works well with CB. No problems here.

I need to create a mentor/mentee relationship. I can use groupJive to manage this. I dont need the most custom solution... So i think GJ will work fine.

On the Mentor's profiles i need to show a few items.
- Allow the mentor to create theirr mentor group
- A button to request (by veterans) to join the group.
- Tab that only shows the member of the groups

- Also is there a way I can limit the number of groups a user can create?
- Can the user profile image be used as the group icons

On the veterans profile
- I simple need to show the group the belong too and a link to the group owners profile. Thanks to Kile I know part of this can be done using the CB query field.

Really need help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #220441 by krileon

On the Mentor's profiles i need to show a few items.
- Allow the mentor to create theirr mentor group
- A button to request (by veterans) to join the group.
- Tab that only shows the member of the groups

You could set create access for your mentor Joomla user group within GJ > Configuration > Groups > General or via Category create access parameter. Profile tab doesn't show the users of the group, it can show the count though (already does). You need to navigate to the group to so its users. Join button is also already present when possible to join.

- Also is there a way I can limit the number of groups a user can create?

Yes, within GJ > Configuration > Groups > General and adjust the Limit parameter as needed.

- Can the user profile image be used as the group icons

No, not without altering the template files to use own avatar instead of group logo.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn