Wall Post Notification

11 years 1 month ago #221816 by laurenlesperance
Wall Post Notification was created by laurenlesperance
Hello,
I have cb 1.9 installed and version 2.7 of gj installed.
When I try to put the wall post as a module and display the posts, I just get the post numbers (see attached image). We weren't able to work that out so that it displayed the actual message.
I decided that I would try a work around and send a notification with the new post text. The notification email has the same issue, just gives the message #, but not text:
mssparent created #5 in MSS!
Also, included in attached image.
Any ideas how to get around this?
Lauren
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221880 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wall Post Notification
Ensure you've GJ 2.7 stable module installed, the display was completely upgraded. The post # is always given in the notification, which you can change by adjusting its language string in the language plugin provided with the GJ package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221886 by laurenlesperance
Replied by laurenlesperance on topic Wall Post Notification
I downloaded 2.7 stable, installed plugin without problem. When I tried to install the component, I got an error - see attached.
I continued on, and was able to install the wall again. Still just gives me post number and author, no text. Could this error be getting in the way? If so, how do I get around it?
Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #221977 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Wall Post Notification
The module is a Joomla extension. You need to install it through Joomlas extension manager (install guide included with GJ explains this). The wall integration has nothing to do with the modules display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn