CB plugin to joomla component wrapper

17 years 2 months ago #31382 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:CB plugin to joomla component wrapper
I've installed it but it doesn't display anything. Tab ID I'm assuming is the TAB #? Or is it the text? I've tried both and nothing displays. I also tried several different module positions and displaying several different tabs and it doesn't display anything except the module header.

Rather than having to type in the tab ID, it would be cool if you had a dropdown list which had all the tabs listed in it. I found myself having to go back and forth to remember the tab ID's..

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31384 by leo9
Replied by leo9 on topic Re:CB plugin to joomla component wrapper
This is brilliant!! I have a question. I would like to have more than one. Is there anyway I can install a few more of these modules for different positions of my site?

17 years 2 months ago #31386 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:CB plugin to joomla component wrapper
mediaguru wrote:

I've installed it but it doesn't display anything. Tab ID I'm assuming is the TAB #? Or is it the text? I've tried both and nothing displays. I also tried several different module positions and displaying several different tabs and it doesn't display anything except the module header.

It is the value of tabid column in jos_comprofiler_tabs. You can get the value byy looking at your database, or by looking at HTML code of profile page. For example the articles tab on this site has a header like
[code:1]
<div class="tab-page" id="cbtab12"><h2 class="tab">Articles</h2><script type="text/javascript">[/code:1]

The number after cbtab is the tabid.

Rather than having to type in the tab ID, it would be cool if you had a dropdown list which had all the tabs listed in it. I found myself having to go back and forth to remember the tab ID's..

This is my first joomla module ever, and I have no idea how to make plugin fetch the options for parameter values from database using a custom query.

If someone knows how to do this or can give me an example of a module that does this, it would be really helpful.

mikko

17 years 2 months ago #31387 by mikko
leo9 wrote:

This is brilliant!! I have a question. I would like to have more than one. Is there anyway I can install a few more of these modules for different positions of my site?

The copy button in module management does this. So yes, you can have several copies.

mikko

17 years 2 months ago #31391 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:CB plugin to joomla component wrapper
seems awesome, but it doesn't work for me :/

I looked up for Profile Book Tab ID in mySQL and it was 43, but the module is displaying blank. Any help?

I do have comments.

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

17 years 2 months ago #31392 by mikko
There seems to be a compatibility issue with profile book. IT worked with all the tabs that I have on my test site, but I never actually tested profiler book.

I will take a look at it now.

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/02/17 22:38

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn