[#2429] cant access GJ Configuration with GJ forum plugin

13 years 2 weeks ago #159007 by krileon
The check is from absolute_path which is Joomlas root. Sub-domains or sub-folders make no difference (my localhost is all sub-folders). Not much more I can advise, I can't duplicate in local or live environments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159459 by cez
hi ;)

same problem like mtif

GJ 2.2 can now enter G.J. config with no problem
but have there: "No supported forum extension found!"
same GJ Tools as error: ":: Forum :: No supported forum extension found - Configuration"

but its rather not this "api.php file existing condition" because in CB Forum Integration plugin (cb.simpleboardtab.model.php) with Auto-Detect - there Kunena is detected! And there is condition about this api file, too. To set prefix to kunena or fb. And this plugin works ok with Kunena 1.6.3

For sure! I tested changing about line 90: require_once( $path . '/administrator/components/com_kunena/NON_EXISTING_FILE.php' ) and had error "No such file or directory NON_EXISTING_FILE.php" so this && condition about api file existing is true!

so... in mayby we have still problem with next condition?
if ( class_exists( 'cbgjforumsModel' ...

about line 150, because if I force there 2x true
} else {$model->installed = true; <-here

in GJ Tools I have no errors but warnings: :: Forum :: Missing forum category - Configuration - [fixall]

and next after trying enter GJ Configuration screen with:

Fatal error: Class 'cbgjforumsModel' not found in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveforums/cbgroupjiveforums.php on line 1662

same error no matter if I set Auto-Detect or Kunena 1.6 before this 2X "true"

regards :)

13 years 2 weeks ago #159461 by krileon
Don't know what else to advise, sorry. The check is working fine in all my local and live tests as well as many other users is working fine. It must be something in relation to your environment whether host or installation related.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159558 by mtif
Its comforting to know that I am not alone, and mystifying that our problem can't be replicated.

I am also convinced that the api.php is being detected.

I echo'd $forum and path(line 46) and $model->detected (line 58)
  • $forum =1
  • path = /administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php
  • $model = Kunena 1.6

But something is going wrong with cbgjforumsModel as its returning $model->installed false.

It has me stumped.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159565 by cez
hope I have goooood news for u2 mtif ;)

I spend few hours trying, and now finished testing 5 min ago, and yep IT WORK'S for me, forum appears in GJ Config, and there is no errors in tools, moreover GJ forums work from frontend with no problems!

solution: (but only if you are SURE that YOU HAVE 1.6 Kunena Forum, and GJ 2.2)

in file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveforums/cbgroupjiveforums.php

about line 110 (after this ->): $model->detected = CBTxt::T( 'Kunena 1.6' );

add line:
require_once( $path . '/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveforums/models/kunena16.php' );

thats all :) hope it will work for u2

and info for devs:
PS.1 Im not php programer, so I dont know Is this elegant or best solution - for sure not. ;) It was only my logical searching and trying. Then Sorry if its something wrong with this my code, but its really works for me.

PS.2 My condition was: I know for sure that I have Kunena 1.6.3, and api file exist, so mayby problem is with that class cbgjforumsModel because it is not read form kunena16.php file as it should be read?

so first I copied all code from kunena16.php file (from 3x this $_PLUGINS->registerFunction... to the end) and placed it after $_PLUGINS->registerFunction... block in cbgroupjiveforums.php file.
And it started works! In GJ Config forum was detected and existed Kunena categories was displaed for selection.

so my next condition was that maybe this:
$model->file = $plugin->absPath . '/plugins/cbgroupjiveforums/models/kunena16.php';
do not work - for example because of my server environment or config?
so I read in "php help" what is this "require_once" function you use for read com_kunena/api.php file few lines above - and adopted it (in my opinion :lol: of course) to force read this kunena16.php

and it started work!!! I don't know why but it is.

PS.3 if I "//" this original 108. line: $model->file = $plugin->absPath . '/plugins/cbgroupjiveforums/models/kunena16.php'; - its still works ok, so Am I wrong that there was problem for me?

PS.4 Thanks for GJ btw, great plugin!

best regards!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtif

13 years 2 weeks ago #159569 by mtif
Oh yes, that did it.

Thankyou!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn