[#2429] cant access GJ Configuration with GJ forum plugin

13 years 4 weeks ago #158141 by krileon
Fixed for 2.2, please see bug ticket URL in earlier reply for progress.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #158948 by mtif
I have upgraded to GJ2.2 and now I don't get the error when I go to configuration. But its not all good yet :(

I have loaded latest version of Kunena 1.6.3
I have turned on the CB plugin called Forum Integration and set it to expect Kunena.
I have loaded all the Group Jive 2.2 integration plugins.

And yet ....

The GroupJive tools are showing an error ... ":: Forum :: No supported forum extension found"

and this is repeated in Group Jive configuration integrations tab ...

What am I doing wrong ?

Could it be a path issue? I have this whole 1.6 site running in a subdirectory?

13 years 3 weeks ago #158957 by krileon
This means your Kunena 1.6 installation failed. It checks for an API file which Kunena 1.6 places in the administrator component folder of Kunena. Specifically it is looking for the below.

/administrator/components/com_kunena/api.php

If it can't find it then Kunena 1.6 is not installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #158991 by mtif
Thanks Krileon,

Buts thats not it. I checked that the file was there originally (it was). But none the less I went and completely uninstalled Kunena and then installed again - green lights all the way.

But still the same problem with "No supported forum extension found"

in Group Jive configuration integrations tab

13 years 3 weeks ago #159003 by krileon
Have communicated directly with Kunena team. There is something wrong with your install if it is not adding api.php. They suggest perhaps a permissions issue. I suggest you post directly to their boards stating api.php is not being placed in Kunenas admin directory on install. Have confirmed my self that it is indeed present and installing (see K1.6.3 XML file). Additionally you could try extracting it from the K1.6.3 package and placing it manually. At any rate is not fault of GJ 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159004 by mtif
Sorry, a misunderstanding.

I am saying that the api file was there all along. But just in case I did complete reload of Kunena. The file is there, but I am still getting the error.

I asked if it might be a directories issue, as I have the whole 1.6 site running in a folder. Is anything in the GroupJive plugin looking at a root based file structure ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn