[SOLVED] urgent: event time in gj wrong!!!

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 1 week ago #159694 by jojo12
Hi,
on my j1.5.22, cb1.4, gj2.2 (I use 24 hours)
I enter in frontpage an event with date and time f.e: 19:00. After saving the time is one hour less => 18:00. So all my groupmembers ask me, when (because they know it would normally be at 19:00).
That's very bad and not usefull. How can I (we) change that quickly?? Thank you for your quick help!
It depends on Timezone in j15: this problem is when I have set UTC+1.
When I set Timezone UTC+3.3 and enter an event, then I have 15:30!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #159795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: urgent: event time in gj wrong!!!
This is a known issue and is fixed for next release. It is a major change as an entire date function is reverted so there will not be a quick fix for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #159822 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: urgent: event time in gj wrong!!!
ok, so we wait for a quick next release, because this is very nerving.

13 years 1 week ago #159869 by krileon
Quick next release? Next release will be released when it's ready. I'm sorry if this is nerving, but we had a beta phase, you were welcome to join the testing before GJ released and help find these bugs. Unfortunately out of 300,000 users we only received about 12 applicants. This means there is guaranteed to be bugs for the first couple of releases, this is unavoidable.

Please note there is no longer any beta phases, you are the testers to ensure stability and your feedback is vital to GJs future. With each new release GJ reaches a more and more stable state.

The workgroups was our way of seeing if testers would be a reliable means of assisted trouble shooting.. unfortunately this did not go so well as the amount of testers was not great enough. We couldn't simply allow everyone to join either as the feedback need to be useful and not support requests.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago #159902 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: urgent: event time in gj wrong!!!
Perhaps you don't remember, but I was in the testing group and I was very active! Yes, me too I was a little bit nerved about some "testers".
I haaven't seen this bug before. It was now on a livesite with my friends who know the time of appointment we've fixed, and the other time I wrote as event for rememering.

During waiting I will change to UTC. So for events it will be ok, for all. But articles in joomla will have the wrong time.

Thank you anyway :-)

13 years 1 week ago #159909 by krileon
Sorry don't recall every tester, but the testing phase helped greatly so don't get me wrong there, lol. Some issues just can't be found until it's being tested by users in mass and as a real solution. No worries, a new release will likely be out by end of this week, am trying to accomplish that at least.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jojo12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn