[SOLVED] mod_cbgroupjive No Longer Showing Latest Groups

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173358 by GoremanX
On our site, we use mod_cbgroupjive to display the newest groups on the front page of the site. Recently, this module started displaying nothing. The latest groups are 3 months or older, but I'd still like them to be displayed even if they're old. They're still the latest ones. At the very least, I'd rather see older groups listed as opposed to a blank "There are no groups available".

I tried adding a new Testing group, and it showed up in the Latest Groups module on the front page. The older (but still newest) groups do show up when the module is set to other modes, like "Most Popular", etc.

When looking at the module's code, I can't easily spot any reason why the "Latest" would be limited to only the most recent 3 months, but maybe I'm not looking right.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #173674 by GoremanX
Hello? Do I need to post this in the Advanced members category to get an answer?

12 years 7 months ago #173690 by krileon
Latest has no code to limit to recent 3 months. It simply queries database and pulls all the groups based off the limit you specified in the module ordered by creation date. Next release will feature a completely rewritten module, but again there's no reason for it to be doing that and could not duplicate your issue. Popularity count is based off how many users belong to that group. Groups can stop showing if display access to their category or the groups themselves is lost. For example if you unpublish their category then you'll lose display of the groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #173692 by GoremanX
see here:

www.friendlyphotozone.com/community

It says there are no latest groups, but it says there are 2 popular groups (called "Guilds" on this site)

I have not made any changes to either of those modules in months, the groups simply stopped being displayed in "latest".

12 years 7 months ago #173700 by krileon
This is a bug with the way group and category access is handled in current releases of GJ. What is happening is it's querying the database for the latest 5 groups for example. Then it checks for access to those groups and removes them as necessary. Unfortunately this includes unpublished, etc.. groups so say you've 5 unpublished groups but have 3 published groups then those 3 won't be shown as it grabbed the first 5 and removed them due to being unpublished.

This has been fixed for next release as the entire process of obtaining groups and categories is completely rewritten. A workaround would be to increase the display limit higher or publish those unpublished groups or unpublished categories that contain groups.

At any rate it's a bug and is fixed for GJ 2.4. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #173707 by GoremanX
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying it!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn