Double emails

12 years 2 months ago #188784 by djbutton
Double emails was created by djbutton
I posted on another part of this forum about url's in event invite emails. That problems is still not resolved
lettering and gluing - IanG Attendance!

IanG (www.smshpv.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=48) set their attendance to Ceto lettering and gluing (www.smshpv.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=1&grp=1&Itemid=) in CETO (www.smshpv.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&func=show&cat=1&grp=1&Itemid=) as Attending!

I've tried all sorts of settings, including Krileons suggestion to turn on bbcode but haven't been able to fix it.

My other problem is duplicate messages and emails. If I send an invite, the recipient gets two emails and private messages (full of url's). When they reply, I get two emails and two private messages full of urls (as above). The urls are annoying enough, but four copies of each?

I have joomla 1.7.1, Uddeim 2.6 and GJ 2.4. Any clues to fix either problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #188808 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: Double emails
Hi, I am only a user, but perhaps I can help too
(I think I had this problem too earlier, now it works)
set in uddeim Email=>Email contains notification
set in GroupJive Configuration=>General=>Global Notification only with Email

12 years 2 months ago #189134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Double emails
You're receiving a notification from UddeIM as well as from GJ. Disable UddeIM notifications and it should work fine. Alternatively you can do as jojo suggested, either will work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 week ago #194762 by dotbusiness
Replied by dotbusiness on topic Re: Double emails
I tried doing that but still it is sending 2 mails.

12 years 1 week ago #194774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Double emails
You shouldn't have access to GJ 2.5 at all so don't know what to tell you. If you've an account with an active subscription then please post from it to the support forums that you're subscribed to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn