Drop downs on IE 8 not working

11 years 2 months ago #219377 by vptechnology
Drop downs on IE 8 not working was created by vptechnology
Joomla 2.5.6
CB 1.9
GJ 2.6.1

Drop down for group notifications show up blank on IE 8. Works fine on higher versions as well as Chrome and FF. Saw other people mentioned similar issues but couldn't see any resolutions. Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Dropdown for notifications? I don't understand, there is no dropdown for notifications. Do you mean the mouseover dropdown menus? Please note 2.7.0rc1 has just released today and suggest upgrading.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219396 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Right. When you go to a group, there are a whole bunch on options on the right: New group, Edit Group, Leave group, Notifications, etc.

Click on Notifications. Drop downs in there are not displayed properly under IE 8.

11 years 2 months ago #219398 by krileon
They're not dropdowns, but just tabs. The same tabs you see when viewing a group for example. Please upgrade to 2.7.0rc1 and confirm if issue persists. Please note I do not support IE8, it has been discontinued by Google and basically Microsoft and is an automatic update for Vista and up (possibly XP too?). I only test IE9, FF, and Chrome at this point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #219413 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Kyle, I suppose the key takeaway here is that you don't support IE8. That's fine. Thanks. Unfortunately, a lot of corporate environments still have it which makes it a problem with your package until they move up.

With respect to the dropdown, please see attached image. I marked the drop-downs. Hopefully correctly :)
Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #219490 by krileon
Ah, I see; thank you for clarification. Do dropdowns in Group Edit function fine in IE8 or do they present the same issue? As usage is basically exactly the same. Try pressing F12 and inspecting the HTML of the dropdowns to see if their values are actually there as it could just be some sort of strange CSS conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn