Drop downs on IE 8 not working

11 years 2 months ago #219506 by vptechnology
Replied by vptechnology on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Hi Kyle. No dropdowns don't work in Group Edit. when you look at the source via F12, the options are there. Here's another thing that I've done:

1. took the source code from right-mouse-click, view source
2. created local file
3. played around and with and saw there's a line
<div id="cbGjInner" class="cbGroupJiveInner">

If I take out cbGjInner from the id, and reload, all boxes show up fine. The formatting is off though. Sorry - that's the extent of my playing around so far. Have to get back to the real job but maybe that will help you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219512 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Was able to confirm your issue, but it's due to curvy corner JS from CB. I've created the below bug ticket for further investigation.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3887

The only suggested workaround I have at this time is to simply disable curvy corners with the below edit.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php
ON: Line 1535
$_CB_framework->document->addHeadScriptUrl( '/components/com_comprofiler/js/curvycorners.js', true );
TO:
//$_CB_framework->document->addHeadScriptUrl( '/components/com_comprofiler/js/curvycorners.js', true );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222501 by ejw
Replied by ejw on topic Drop downs on IE 8 not working
Hi

I wanted to add my observation on this issue. In my case, both the dropdown and the textarea added to the CB user registration form did not work in IE8, as well as the dropdown of the privacy plugin fields.

All this was solved by the solution posted by Kyle (thanks!).

However, the line to comment out seems to be line 1554 now.

Best regards,
Erik

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn