Add more colors to Funlit?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #173695 by Brefar
Add more colors to Funlit? was created by Brefar
I really love the Funlite template and it works great for my site. However, there is just one color that is missing from the color options for tabs, menus and such. I need to get Yellow added. Is there any way I can do that myself? Where would I start?

I'm using J1.7 and CB1.7.

Thanks,
Bret

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174235 by Brefar
Replied by Brefar on topic Re: Add more colors to Funlit?
I'm sorry if I asked a question here that should not have been asked.:blush: If so, where should I ask it at? Does anyone know how to add more colors?

12 years 7 months ago #174257 by Jacob
Replied by Jacob on topic Re: Add more colors to Funlit?
Hello, it involves updating images, HTML+ CSS.

Are you comfortable with above? If so I'll provide instructions.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

12 years 7 months ago #174267 by Brefar
Hello Jacob. Yes, I am comfortable with doing that. I just need to pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #174629 by Jacob
Replied by Jacob on topic Re: Add more colors to Funlit?
Here are the details:

Tabs.png is a sprite that contains color tabs used for main menu + module headings. You'll need to add your new color here.

templateDetails.xml:

Need to a add a field for Itemid color assignment. (Copy/paste existing color and rename)

index.php:

Around line 35 - add color load param (copy an existing color and rename)

Around line 46 - add color variable to array

Around line 91 - add color "case" to switch condition (copy/paste and increment case #)

Copy code block in lines 133-136, rename to your color variable. This is where you have to put in the new sprite offset from tabs.png

CSS:

Duplicate one of the existing color CSS files in /css folder, file MUST be named for the value you used in $color (switch condition). Example if you called it $color="black" the color CSS must be black.css

Replace all color hex values in YOURCOLOR.css with your custom color.

Please give it a try and report back with any questions.

Jacob

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

12 years 6 months ago #174679 by Brefar
Hello Jacob,

Thanks for the information. I have tried to do this and can't quite get it to work. I also discovered that I needed to change the template.css to add yellow to it as well. However, even that was not enough. I only get the left side of the tab to show up in yellow but, the rest is in grey, which doesn't make any sense.

I'm attaching a file to show you what it's doing. I did notice that there is a params.ini file in the original zip file but, not on the website. The params.ini file has a list of colors, which yellow is not part of. Could that file be responsible for some sort of other changes in the system that would affect this?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks again for the help.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn