Error building admin menus

13 years 1 month ago #157025 by tompasworld
Error building admin menus was created by tompasworld
Progress. :)

Installing the english only went fine except for one thing. It said when installation was done that it could not create admin menus. I suppose it´s because it could not install the swedish language as my joomla site is in.

I see a lot of languages in the "original 2.3" package. To where do I upload the swedish site and admin language files? Into /language/sv_SE or /public_html/components/com_uddeim/sv_SE or...?

Many thanks for the help so far. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157026 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Error building admin menus
I have no idea why it is not creating the admin menus.

I got this error report before from a user who tried to install the Joomla 1.5 package on Joomla 1.6 which failed of course.

There are currently some bug reports for Joomla 1.6 regarding the menu system. Maybe your problem belongs to those bugs.

UddeIM stores its language files in "languages.utf8". Upload the swedish file to your site and uddeIM should work.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 1 month ago #157027 by slabbi
Maybe this helps:

www.akeebabackup.com/support/forum/topic/26953-joomla-16-installation-qerror-building-admin-menusq.html

VERY IMPORTANT, no, wait, EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: If you had installed ANY version of Joomla! 1.6 BEFORE the stable, i.e. any beta from 1.6.b1 through 1.6.b15 or Joomla! 1.6 RC1, you MUST re-install Joomla!, including wiping out its database and installing it afresh. The reason is that there have been changes in the database schema from RC1 to 1.6.0 stable which WILL cause this kind of issues. If you just replace the files of a beta or RC release with the files of Joomla! 1.6.0 stable it WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. I tried that and, indeed, it fails. Sorry, the problem is not in this end, it's in the numerous database schema changes in the last few releases. I hope that now you understand why lots of us insisted in NOT using Joomla! 1.6 for anything else than quick testing before it becomes stable ;)

The problem seems to be quite common:

www.google.com/search?hl=de&safe=off&q=error+creating+admin+menus+joomla

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 1 month ago #157035 by tompasworld
Replied by tompasworld on topic Error building admin menus
After reading those links and others, I think I found the solution in this thread at akeebabackup.com.

The solution is:

Comparing the 2 databases, the akeeba entry in jos_menu table on site-A had a component_id of 0 (rather than 10005 or whatever it happens to be in the jos_extensions table).

Editing this value got the akeeba menu and everything seems to be working.

So basically it must be the same solution for Udde.

Now I just have to figure out the correct id for Udde I think.

13 years 1 month ago #157048 by slabbi
You could also try to deinstall uddeIM, remove all uddeIM entries in jos_menu and jos_extensions and then to reinstall uddeIM.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157100 by blacklightning
Replied by blacklightning on topic Re: Error building admin menus
I have tried every solution listed in here (in this page) nothing work for me, it's not possible for me to do another clean install. It will interrupt my existing users activity, not to mention time spend to do clean install. Is there any other solution to this error??

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn