Make UddelIM more like Facebook Message System

11 years 11 months ago #200783 by Josh Lewis
UddelIM is the best Private Messaging system in Joomla hands down. But I admit that it seems to use a older version of messaging where when you reply it has the old message below which if I remember right that's called threaded message. But now days it seems both more efficient and easier to read if it was styled more like facebook's private message system.

When you receive a message and start your reply, the read message is above, kinda like a conversation in real life (display set up). Plus it takes up more space if each time you reply it saves an extra copy of the message. I attached a screen shot of this:

Or perhaps this set up is already possible? B)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #200787 by slabbi
Have you seen my last posting on Google+?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

11 years 11 months ago #200874 by Josh Lewis
Ah, I had not seen that post. In a screen shot I did not see avatars:

But perhaps those will come eventually in the new plugin? ;) Well looks like your doing good work for UddelIM. Very much appreciate it. :)

11 years 11 months ago #200937 by slabbi
Yes, I think that avatars are not really necessary since you select a person and then you have only messages from or to this person in the thread.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis

11 years 11 months ago #200943 by Josh Lewis
I suppose it's the simplicity of how facebook messenger has it set up that catches my attention.

Anyways, I'll be happy to see the new features/appearance change you mention when they come out.

11 years 11 months ago #201037 by Roland
I also think it looks much better with the avatars instead of "Message from yourself to...." and "Message from...".

I also would prefer to see always the complete text...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn