Unable to access uddeIM user settings - wrong configuration file

10 years 10 months ago #228661 by BasilC
I'm getting an error message "Wrong configuration file found. Version found 2.3, version expected "

Clicking on Continue does nothing. I've tried uninstalling uddeIM and deleting the folders and all related tables in the database. After reinstalling with version 3.0, I'm still getting exactly the same message.

I'm running Joomla 2.5.11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228663 by slabbi
It is the first report for this problem. It seems that the config file is correctly recognized but the version number of uddeIM itself is missing (defined in admin.uddeim.shared.php). So uddeIM thinks it has a wrong config file. I have no idea why this happens on your system. I will have a look.

Have you installed the correct package? Are the program folders and uddeIM configuration file writeable?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228665 by BasilC
Thanks, Slabbi. The filename uddeIM_3.0_j16_unzip1st.zip and the file I used to install uddeIM is com_uddeim_j16_english_only.zip. Plus all the mod_uddeim files.

In the database, the table _uddeim_config has no content - just two field names with no content

The program folders must be writable or other extensions wouldn't work.

Is it possible for me to enter the required information manually?

10 years 10 months ago #228666 by BasilC
Progress! I've done another uninstall and reinstall. But this time I also uninstalled the Kunena integration plugin, which I hadn't done before. I'm now able to configure uddeIM.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn