Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only

6 years 4 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #300032 by slabbi
Dear friends,

I am very sorry but after ten years of active development work on uddeIM I have decided to discontinue any developments for Joomla 4.0.The step is not easy for me because the work has been a lot of fun in recent years and the many positive feedback has helped me to keep improving uddeIM.

uddeIM has a long history of development, so it's probably the only component that can still be installed on Mambo and Joomla 1.0.

And again, with the release of Joomla 4.0, many changes will be made to the Joomla framework, so that uddeIM will not work anymore.
I - a single developer - do not have the spare time to constantly respond to these changes. Although the improvements to the Framework make sense from a technical point of view, they are, in my opinion, too frequent and it lacks backward compatibility

I just see one way to not let uddeIM die: I would continue to maintain the uddeIM core in the short term, but urgently need help fixing the code to run on Joomla 4.0. After fixing the code I would like to transfer the project if there is interest.

Are there any volunteers?

Regards,
Stephan

Update:
I created a Github repository with the current source (should be compatible with Joomla 4.x).
github.com/slabbi

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb, krileon, asierraserna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #302086 by Goldeye
Replied by Goldeye on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only
Hi Slabbi,

you find me shocked to read these news. I had even donated for the premium plugins of Uddeim. And now I read that it shall not work in Joomla 4.0 :( :sick:

Please reconsider to continue it. I would offer my help but I am no PHP programmer and I also run no CB to be able to really support it.

5 years 11 months ago #304138 by paxx
Hi

I read this Blogpost at Joomlashack

Perhaps you could contact them, mybe they are willing to adopt uddeIM.

If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved, worrying will do you no good.

3 years 1 month ago #323623 by slabbi
I asked Joomlashack if they want to support uddeIM in future.
In case they are interested I am certainly sure that uddeIM will have a future :)

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperHaven, Julien04

3 years 4 weeks ago - 3 years 4 weeks ago #324077 by SuperHaven
Replied by SuperHaven on topic Support continues for Joomla 3.x branch only

slabbi wrote: I asked Joomlashack if they want to support uddeIM in future.
In case they are interested I am certainly sure that uddeIM will have a future :)

Any word from JoomlaShack as of yet?

3 years 3 weeks ago #324079 by slabbi
They said that none of their customers uses uddeIM. So they are unfortunately not interested, I am sorry.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn