Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)

17 years 4 months ago #26930 by slabbi
Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3) was created by slabbi
Hi,

I have added a new function to cb_login which might by useful for some people (working with CB 1.0.2 now).

- When you have new messages a Javascript or DHTML popup is displayed on the screen (this is better to recognize then the small icon in the login box).

To use this feature
1. install the attached mod (or overwrite the old files with the new ones)
2. add a new checkbox "cb_showpopup" (title: "Show popup when a new quick message is available") to your profile fields (the user can decide if he wants to see popups or not)
3. configure cb_login module; there are two more options "Display popup type": Javascript or DHTML (DHTML is default) and "Enable popups": enable, disable.

Thats all. Hope you like this patch...
I have tested it on my community site with approx. 500 users and they do really like it.

Attachment cblogin_102pl3.zip not found

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #27412 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)
Nice, but it interferes with other stuff on my site, it adds borders on other elements than itself.

17 years 4 months ago #27414 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)
o_cee wrote:

Nice, but it interferes with other stuff on my site, it adds borders on other elements than itself.

Very interesting. Do you have an idea which module might interfere with cl_login? I do not use new CSS classes, so it should not interfere with existing modules. I have 13 components/modules installed and actually no problems?!?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

17 years 6 days ago #35913 by safa
Replied by safa on topic Re:Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)
this is a very neat and doesn't add borders on my pages, BUT the library .js files are huuuge.

it's increasingly the download time of my pages by 3-4 fold.... is really the entire libraries necessary to load up a popup?

17 years 6 days ago #35918 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)
30k are huge?

Don't you use any pictures on your site? Even a small one is often bigger than 30k.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #47807 by clydd
Replied by clydd on topic Re:Improved cb_login (1.0.2pl3)
hello Slabbi,
As others, I have to thankyou for the excellent work on uddeIM.

I would like to know, as I am a newbie and completely unaware of scripting,

How can I click on the link under the new CBlogin module so that the "you have new private messages" inbox opens up in a new browser window (without scroll bars or navigation buttons)

As because right now, when i click to go to inbox, it takes over the whole of my joomla frontpage

Thanks in advance
Clyde

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn