Uddeim CB intergration problem

17 years 1 week ago #36111 by bruno05
Uddeim CB intergration problem was created by bruno05
I just installed Uddeim .5b. All three files, component, mod and plugin successfully. Configured everything as stated. Now here is the problem:

In my profile, I do not see the Messages button, so no way to go to inbox, etc. Also the quick message fields do not show. But when I select users and go to another users profile, The message button is there (again no inbox - makes sense, since it is some one else's profile) and the quick messages fields show up.

Also Nodule displays new messages alerts seperately rather than within the login module. I use the CB login module. Mods and plugins and tab is published.

What am I doing wrong? Please help. I used to have Missus before. Like that product very much, but it lacked a decent front end graphic layout. Would like to get this work.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #36124 by Syrinx
Replied by Syrinx on topic Re:Uddeim CB intergration problem
The messages button won't appear on your own profile. Just create a Joomla main menu item for the UddeIM component.

Also make sure that you only have one PMS tab published. The one for UddeIM is "pms.cbpms"

17 years 1 week ago #36154 by goodman123
Replied by goodman123 on topic Re:Uddeim CB intergration problem
same problem here, i have to see the messages in the module.

17 years 1 week ago #36160 by bruno05
Replied by bruno05 on topic Re:Uddeim CB intergration problem
Hi Syrinx:

Thanks for the tip. Yep I tried that and essentially it shows the same page (my inbox, outbox trashcan etc) as the one I see when I go to another users profile. Don't like addding another menuitem for some one to click on. Would be nice if the button shows up within CB profile. It does for other users just not my own. Not a truely full CB integration. Also adding the Menu button outside "UserMenu" is no good, since clicking it goes no where unless u are logged in. And again if I am logged in, prefer to go to my profile and see everything there. Most users would likely do that. Missus does that. it displays a button right next too edit or connections, within your profile. Much tighter integration with CB.

Again, many thanks for your tip. BTW, I figured out how to show new PM messages within CB login. Like the product and the main reason is the layout, much better than Missus. I will give Clexus a try. The demo looks awesome. Don't mind paying 50 bucks for it.

Thanks again for the quick response. CB rules...by far the best extension ( a must have for any CMS product).

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn