Email notification - Default

18 years 3 months ago #4572 by stevebor1
Email notification - Default was created by stevebor1
default is currently set to No-email notification. I didnt see anything in the admin to change default to "E-mail-notification on new messages" does any onr know how to make it default? also in the members table to change existing members to "email notifications"

Thanks

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4598 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:Email notification - Default

Stop e-mail now
Check this box to prevent uddeIM from sending out e-mails (e-mail-notifications and forgetmenot e-mails) irrespective of the users' settings, for example when testing the site. If you do not want these features ever, set all options above to no.

This is in version 0.5 (build 4), in Email tab last option, when this is "checked" email are stoped and nothing has send... Uncheck this and mail should arrive...
Hope this is what you mean..

18 years 3 months ago #4602 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:Email notification - Default
stevebor1 wrote:

default is currently set to No-email notification. I didnt see anything in the admin to change default to "E-mail-notification on new messages" does any onr know how to make it default? also in the members table to change existing members to "email notifications"

Thanks

There is no setting that allows E-Mail notification as default setting and no easy hack to achieve this.

In order to get that done you have to change the setting for all existing users manually and enter a corresponding code into the database whenever a new user registers (with a CB plugin, for example).

Since more users ask for that, I might work into the next version of uddeIM. In the meanwhile, maybe someone want's to write a plugin that does it...

18 years 3 months ago #4710 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:Email notification - Default
that's what i was looking for. It seems to me most wont adjust there settings or might not even know about it. But im sure they will if they wanted to disable it. My site is a start up and i dont want people just to sign up and forget about it, especially if it's new and there is not that much new content. I've noticed in my db that there are a lot of unread messages, but they are not aware of it cause they never changed their setting to get emailed on notifications.

Post edited by: stevebor1, at: 2006/01/25 20:14

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

18 years 3 months ago #4738 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:Email notification - Default
stevebor1 wrote:

My site is a start up and i dont want people just to sign up and forget about it, especially if it's new and there is not that much new content. I've noticed in my db that there are a lot of unread messages, but they are not aware of it cause they never changed their setting to get emailed on notifications

Well, what you are looking for is the Forgetmenot function. Just turn on forgetmenot in the backend and set the the forgetmenot days to, say, 21. So every user will get an e-mail after 21 days if (s)he still has unread messages in the inbox (irrespective of their personal e-mail-notification setting)

18 years 3 months ago #4863 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:Email notification - Default
that will work for now. thanks!!!

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn