Email notification - Default

18 years 1 month ago #9357 by mooty
Replied by mooty on topic Re:Email notification - Default
Yep would definately help to have the ability to turn this setting on by default, though the forget me not feature will help in the meantime. Uddeim is terrific. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #10637 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:Email notification - Default
I could not find it.. but is anyone else having problems getting it to send an email when someone pm's you? I have checked the settings in uddeIM and in joomla and they are all set.. I have check off in uddeIM but nothing comes via email when someone pm's other users.

18 years 7 hours ago #11736 by HolmesSPH
Replied by HolmesSPH on topic Re:Email notification - Default
Well I would assume that if it uses's a MySQL table for that option that you could setup the DB field in the table to have a default of 1 and not 0 however, I have searched high and low and for some darn reason I cannot find ANYWHERE any information that says where the user settings are stored lol I have looked everywhere, tables and config files.... im kinda lost from here... When I change my settings in UddeIM as a user, where is it being stored?

17 years 11 months ago #14320 by ybskorea
Replied by ybskorea on topic Re:Email notification - QUICK SOLUTION
Hi,

Here's a quick and dirty solution. I don't guarantee this won't cause any strange problems. but it works for me..

in table jos_uddeim_emn
just create about 1000 rows (-auto-incrementing id and userid ) and set status = 1

That'll keep you in business for 1000 members and u can just do it again later.

Drop me a line and let me know how it goes...

Also, I haven't gotten around to it.. if someone knows offhand, where do I modify to have email sent when a PM is sent from the profile page? Email notifications only work when sending email from the main UDDE interface.

Also, how the hell do I get off the Yahoo, Hotmail spam filter list?? Everything I send goes straight to their spam filters .. b*stards!
Is there an easy way or do I have to find a different smtp server?

Also, the profile gallery and profile book .. where are they?? This site has died. It's funny how all the noise died down after the new CB release but nothing.

Post edited by: ybskorea, at: 2006/05/31 06:42

17 years 10 months ago #15119 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:Email notification - Default
anyone know if this will cause problems?

17 years 10 months ago #15125 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Email notification - Default
I haven't played around with UDDEIM much and probably don't know what I'm talking about, but... Why can't you just set the ForgetMeNot function to something like 0 days, or 1 day.

That would work, yes? Unless it just keeps spamming the user every 24 hours or something.

Raj

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 1.099 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn