(SOLVED) Friendly URLS problem

16 years 2 months ago #56407 by epimetheus
(SOLVED) Friendly URLS problem was created by epimetheus
I just stumbled into a problem with the search engine friendly URLS, Joomla 1.5 and uddeIM 1.0

When you open the uddeIM outbox the normal way, you use the following URL:
http://192.168.1.102/joomla/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=outbox
This works fine.
When you try to access the Trashcan from there, you get the following url:
http://192.168.1.102/joomla/index.php/?task=trashcan
This obviously does not work...
The url for the inbox (again starting from the outbox) is as follows:
http://192.168.1.102/joomla/index.php/
Which again is incorrect.

If I switch Joomla 1.5 to non-friendly urls, the result for the last example is:
http://192.168.1.102/joomla/index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=0
And this works.

I could reproduce this on two seperate systems. A Windows 2003 server with Joomla 1.5, wampserver and the latest releases of CB and uddeIM, and a Debian server with php 4 and the same Joomla configs.

It looks like a problem in the sefRelToAbs function, but I am not a true programmer, so I could be completely off.....
On the other hand, switching back to normal urls makes uddeIM work as advertised again, so it's not a huge problem (at least for me!)
I am not sure if this is linked to the fact that my Joomla is not installed at the server root or not (saw a bug somewhere on this subject).

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/02/13 09:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #56408 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Friendly URLS problem
You have installed Joomla into a subfolder which is never a good idea. Nevertheless it should work. Have you configured the correct path to the live site?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 months ago #56469 by epimetheus
Replied by epimetheus on topic Re:Friendly URLS problem
I am not sure what you mean by 'configured the right path to the live site'. My sites are not yet live, so I have not yet defined their true DNS names, if that is what you refer to. Furthermore, one of the sites is hosted locally and I am accessing it as a direct IP address.
If you can specify what configuration setting you are referring to, I'd be happy to answer.

FYI: I am actually testing four different Joomla sites side by side on the same server, with four seperate folders. One for each site.
I am also running the Dutch versions.

16 years 2 months ago #56497 by slabbi
When you install Joomla you have to configure the URL of your live site. This is stored in Joomla's configuration file. Please check the configuration setting "live_site". Afaik this is the path to your site without a trailing backslash.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 months ago #56547 by epimetheus
Replied by epimetheus on topic Re:Friendly URLS problem
I think we are betting on the wrong horse here.
I can give a better example.
the notifier module both generates correct url's and incorrect url's.
My notifier contains one message. If I click on teh envelope, it generates the following correct ulr:
www.the-reflecting-circle.nl/trc/joomla/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=inbox
If I click on the message itself, in teh same instance of the noitifier, it generates the follwoing icorrect url:
www.the-reflecting-circle.nl/trc/joomla/index.php/?task=show&messageid=3

In both cases you can see that the main url of my live site is listed correctly, but the component/uddeim/ part is missing in the wrong url.

If I look at the code in the mdo_uddeim.php file, I notice the following for the CORRECT url:
www.the-reflecting-circle.nl/trc/joomla/index.php/component/uddeim/?task=inbox
is generated in line 117 by the following code:
$pms_link = sefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=inbox".($item_id ? "&Itemid=".$item_id : ""));
This link is displayed in either of three ways in lines 157-170. Example code is:
echo uddepmscalljava($message, $pms_link, $moduleSubPath);

The INCORRECT url is:
www.the-reflecting-circle.nl/trc/joomla/index.php/?task=show&messageid=3
Which is generated in line 222 by the following code:
$pms_show = sefRelToAbs("index.php?option=com_uddeim&Itemid=".$item_id."&task=show&messageid=".$themessage->id);
This is displayed in line 224:
echo "<a href='".$pms_show."'>".teaser_head($displaymessage, $maxlen)."</a>";

So I think that the sefRelToAbs function does not handle url's in the same way that the line 157-170 code does. At least, not when search engine friendly url's are used.

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

16 years 2 months ago #56576 by slabbi
And this is really strange since it works really fine on all of my test sites and live sites (J1.0 and J1.5 on Linux). I will check the Joomla core, maybe the sefRelToAbs function is still buggy (maybe when sites are not installed in the root dir).

Can you check (view page source) if there is always an Itemid created? Maybe the links are wrong when the Itemid is missing?

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/02/12 08:55

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn