(SOLVED) Error 500 Internal server error

16 years 2 months ago #57875 by abacotc
Hi Stephan, I am using CB 1.1 Joomla 1.5 stable and 1&1 is the hosting server. I am getting the same

Error 500-Internal server error
An internal server error has occurred!
Please try again later

I contacted 1&1 and they said 500 error was either a "permissions" or a "syntax" issue whatever that means.

I saw the other post where it was solved by deleting the lines in uddeim.xml pertaining to the different templates, or removing 2 or 3 of the 4 templates from the archive along with the lines from uddeim.xml file

Can you explain in newbie terms how to do this?

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/03/07 16:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #57878 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Error 500 Internal server error
Error 500 means a general server (maybe configuration) error.

So either the server is misconfigured (1&1 servers are usually fine), so the problem might be in your ".htaccess" file or your server has not enough CPU power to complete a script.

When you have the cheapest package of 1&1 there are usually thousands of people on the same server, so maybe it is a little bit overloaded.

You can try to remove the template folder from the installation package. Don't forget to remove the corresponding lines from the XML file. So Joomla installer needs lots of less CPU power to install the component.

When you have installed the component, ftp the missing templates to \components\com_uddeim\templates.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 months ago #58416 by abacotc
Replied by abacotc on topic Re:Error 500 Internal server error {Solved}
Thanks I took out everything but the default template and it installed properly. Thanks for the help

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn