UddeIM 1.1 Cannot Install

16 years 4 weeks ago #60109 by benjilim
UddeIM 1.1 Cannot Install was created by benjilim
Hi Stephan,

Thanks for creating and contributing your UddeIM 1.1.

Problem

I cannot upload UddeIM 1.1 (release date 30/Mar/2008). I keep getting this error message in red:
Warning! - Failed to move file

I am running Joomla 1.5.3 with Community Builder 1.1 with Php 5, Mysql 5 and Apache 1.37 on a dedicated Linux server.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hanly

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 weeks ago #60110 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:UddeIM 1.1 Cannot Install
Check if your folder permissions are correct. "administrator/component" and "component" need write permission.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 4 weeks ago #60112 by benjilim
Replied by benjilim on topic Re:UddeIM 1.1 Cannot Install
Hi Stephan,

My UddeIM 1.1 is a first installation.

I follow your clean installation procedure via install/uninstall in Extension Manager of Joomla 1.5.3 when I got the error.

Can I ftp the UddeIM 1.1 to components folder instead ?

Hanly

16 years 4 weeks ago #60206 by slabbi
Well, you can upload the package and use the installer to install the locally saved file but I doubt that this will solve your problem.

When a previous version of uddeIM is already installed you can also upgrade by overwriting the existing files with the new ones.

But your problem will still exist, e.g. when you install other components so you should first check your Joomla installation. As I said before in my opinion it is a permission problem, so chmod the mentioned folders.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 4 weeks ago #60216 by benjilim
Replied by benjilim on topic Re:UddeIM 1.1 Cannot Install
Hi,

What I did was to "enable" ftp at the server configuration. Not disable according to your instruction. For some reason this works for me and I've successfully installed it.

Thanks Stephan.

Hanly

16 years 4 weeks ago #60217 by slabbi
Yeah, thats a big problem introduced with J1.5 which has already lead into discussions on Joomla.org.

I do recommend to disable ftp mode in Joomla 1.5 and to set the group ownership correctly. But there are some setups which require ftp mode.

Check if uddeIM is able to write its configuration file. Usually uddeIM is not able to access it since the permissions are not correct when installed using ftp mode (uddeIM accesses the file directly and not via ftp).

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn