PM Notification Pop Up window

18 years 2 months ago #6483 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
i just reinstalled everthing, and its all better now. no problems thus far.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6667 by hypnotoad
Replied by hypnotoad on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
benjamin wrote:
Yes, popup notifications are of course possible, but not yet implemented afaik. If you want them after login, you have to hack CB, or rather write a CB plugin that gets executed after succesful login.

However, since most users have popup blockers, you would have to go for a CSS popup. (IMHO, It's just a question of time until working popup blockers for CSS popups will be develeoped as well.)[/quote]
But on the other hand, any popup blocker will ask you if you want to allow popups from that certain domain. And the popup here serves a good purpose and I strongly support the idea of it. Indeed, I had asked for it before (in that long uddeIM 0.5 thread somewhere buried).
Many users at my site keep to overlook the PM-notification. It's definately in your focus if you log in, but if you open the browser and you are already logged in you ususally look somewhere else then the user module.

Please reconsider that notification, benjamin. It might also be possible as message dialog via Javascript, so no popup at all.

CB 3rd Party Developer: jAwards | GalleryTab for CB (Ponygallery, ML)

18 years 1 month ago #7644 by CorpWebHost
Replied by CorpWebHost on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
hypnotoad wrote:

benjamin wrote:
It might also be possible as message dialog via Javascript, so no popup at all.

I agree. A popup similar to the popup for the connection request would be awesome! Even a feature to select that popup when you click on a link to send pm would be great as opposed to sending the user to a new page to send the message. User should have the option of going to the main message page to send the pm with the optional bb code features.

18 years 6 days ago #11170 by Ouistyty
Replied by Ouistyty on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
Is ther anyone that have already hack CB or uddeIM for the popup notification ?

Ore is there anyone that wrote a plugin for that functionnality ?

I would be interrested in this feature in CB or uddeIM. :cheer:

Post edited by: Ouistyty, at: 2006/04/29 21:45

17 years 11 months ago #11554 by Ouistyty
benjamin wrote:
Yes, popup notifications are of course possible, but not yet implemented afaik. If you want them after login, you have to hack CB, or rather write a CB plugin that gets executed after succesful login.

However, since most users have popup blockers, you would have to go for a CSS popup. (IMHO, It's just a question of time until working popup blockers for CSS popups will be develeoped as well.)[/quote]

I I'm pretty new to this world and this plugin thing would be a geat thing.
Don't you know any exemple that I could use for trying to write my own ?
For the popup blockers, it's not a big deal cause it's possible to have a white list for almost all of those blockers.

Please add this functionnality :cheer:

17 years 11 months ago #11555 by Ouistyty
benjamin wrote:

I I'm pretty new to this world and this plugin thing would be a geat thing.
Don't you know any exemple that I could use for trying to write my own ?
For the popup blockers, it's not a big deal cause it's possible to have a white list for almost all of those blockers.

Please add this functionnality :cheer:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn