Translators wanted...

15 years 2 months ago #87235 by slabbi
Translators wanted... was created by slabbi
Hi,

uddeIM is now the most popular and top rated PMS on Joomla.org with over 100,000 downloads worldwide!

The reason for that success is that uddeIM is available in 28(!) languages.

Unfortunately some language files are quite old (still coming from uddeIM 0.5) and so some frontend language strings have never been translated.

Since my language support is limited to German and English (nevertheless it would be fine to have an co-corrector for both files) I need help from people who maintain the language files.

For some languages I have very reliable translators, e.g. Finnish, Italian, Turkish, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Serbian to highlight the most active ones!

Then there are some new translators, e.g. for Czech, Hungarian, Arabic, Vietnamese, which did a very good work to make uddeIM available in their native language!

Other language files seems to be dead, e.g. Romanian, Polish, Norwegian, Croatian, Danish, Catalan, Bulgarian, Swedish.

It looks like much work to do a translation (and indeed it is because uddeIM is quite huge) but you can start with the text used on the frontend (strings starts with _UDDEIM_xx) and later add the backend strings (_UDDEADM_xx).

Remember:
uddeIM is free of charge and maybe you have already translated the missing strings for your own community, so please give something back to the community :)

So any volunteers here?

Feel free to contact me via PMS or email.

The very latest language files can be found in the trunk:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_uddeim/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fcom_uddeim%2F

Thanks very much!

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2009/01/31 18:58

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87834 by lambeck
Replied by lambeck on topic Re:Translators wanted...
Do you still need help with translation of the swedish file?

15 years 2 months ago #87850 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Translators wanted...
Yes, of course. It is pretty old and I am sure that lots of swedish users would be happy about a localized uddeIM.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 2 months ago #88458 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re:Translators wanted...
Hi,

First of all thanks for the super IM.

Do you need some help for the French translation (Native) and a bit for the Spanish (Actual Residence country)?

15 years 2 months ago #88459 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Translators wanted...
Hi, thanks for your offer.

The French file is currently up2date but needs to be updated for 1.7 (there will be still several changes in the next weeks).

The Spanish file for 1.6 contains a few non-translated strings which would be nice to have completed for the current release.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 2 months ago #88515 by alakentu
Replied by alakentu on topic Re:Translators wanted...
Hi All.

I sign up for traudicir UddeIM Latin Spanish language and add more to this fantastic component.

I hope they can use sign language or attach it to the Spanish language and has the component.

Greetings.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn