Email Message Merge

12 years 5 months ago #181665 by wgary
Replied by wgary on topic Re: Email Message Merge
Hi Nant,

after beeing back from my short holiday trip to Hamburg I have installed cb 1.7.1 and the error remains!

I have investigated some tests and I have found the issue:
In my statement [cb:if cb_sex="_MALE"] Mr.[/cb:if][cb:if cb_sex="_FEMALE"] Mrs[/cb:if] I am using placeholders _MALE and _FEMALE. This values will be saved in the table in the field cb_sex. But also for these values I have translation strings defined to display "Mrs" or "Mr" depending on the language in the frontend. Before cb 1.7. this was not an issue and the if statement has worked perfect (since 2 years!).
Now it seems that these strings will be translated and in the if statement the translated string will be compared!

This is really an issue and I am not happy to change all my if statements to reflect all different languages!

Could you please verify this and confirm that you have changed this starting from 1.7?

br Wolfgang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181691 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Email Message Merge

wgary wrote: Hi Nant,

after beeing back from my short holiday trip to Hamburg I have installed cb 1.7.1 and the error remains!

I have investigated some tests and I have found the issue:
In my statement [cb:if cb_sex="_MALE"] Mr.[/cb:if][cb:if cb_sex="_FEMALE"] Mrs[/cb:if] I am using placeholders _MALE and _FEMALE. This values will be saved in the table in the field cb_sex. But also for these values I have translation strings defined to display "Mrs" or "Mr" depending on the language in the frontend. Before cb 1.7. this was not an issue and the if statement has worked perfect (since 2 years!).
Now it seems that these strings will be translated and in the if statement the translated string will be compared!

This is really an issue and I am not happy to change all my if statements to reflect all different languages!

Could you please verify this and confirm that you have changed this starting from 1.7?

br Wolfgang

Yuk - yes verified and opened a tracker item here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2960

12 years 3 months ago #187367 by wgary
Replied by wgary on topic Re: Email Message Merge
Hi Nick,

any update for this issue? I havnt found any comment in your tracker database.

br Wolfgang

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.414 seconds