PayPal gets paid through CBSubs but isn't recorded

12 years 6 months ago #179611 by dirtypants
I have been having this trouble for many versions. I just had the 1.2.2 upgrade thinking that it would fix the problem.

I have members who sign up, pay via PayPal (PayPal receipts clearly show that they paid through CBSubs), but they don't show up as paid.

The item number returned from PayPal makes sense, yet they don't show up under "CB Paid Subscriptions: Payments" in any way.

I don't have anything showing up as "ERRORS" in Notifications. In fact, these users don't show up under Notifications at all.

They show up as unpaid, unapproved users who haven't chosen a plan.

Please help. I've had to manually enter one out of about 10 users as paid for years.

Cheers,

Scott

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182004 by fdkid
Hello, We're having the same problem .

A user sign up and paid through PayPal, however, there is no basket payment recorded on Basket and there is no user associated with the payment, however, the PayPal payment went thought and shows in Notifications. Thanks

12 years 4 months ago #183384 by dirtypants

fdkid wrote: Hello, We're having the same problem .

A user sign up and paid through PayPal, however, there is no basket payment recorded on Basket and there is no user associated with the payment, however, the PayPal payment went thought and shows in Notifications. Thanks

Yeah; I've been dealing with it all week. We have a conference coming up and people are all renewing their memberships and 1 in 3 of them have no basket payment recorded. I've been trying to draw attention to this for several years. Don't hold your breath. I keep waiting for acknowledgement or a bugfix in updates. Nuthin'.

S

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 4 months ago #184234 by dirtypants
No response at all? I'm seriously thinking of asking for my latest subscription cost to be refunded. This bug is taking up hours each week. There MUST be a fix....

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

12 years 4 months ago #184246 by nant

12 years 4 months ago #184500 by nant

dirtypants wrote: No response at all? I'm seriously thinking of asking for my latest subscription cost to be refunded. This bug is taking up hours each week. There MUST be a fix....

Got your PM.

For other reading this issue here seems to be as follows:

The Paypal account has IPN messages disabled.

This will cause auto-recurring payment messages not to be sent by Paypal to CBSubs, so the payment is made at Paypal but CBSubs is never notified because of this wrong configuration.

Please propose better wording in CBSubs payment gateway backend and in documentation in order to help similar user errors in the future.

Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn